2 months rent owing and not returning my calls

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 2 months rent owing and not returning my calls
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
bart
10 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi - we have joint tenants renting a flat from us - they have been there since Oct 2008. In January 2010 I had to chase rent as standing order for Dec 2009 was not paid - and they paid a couple of days later. Now again they have not paid since 15 February 2010 so owe us 2 months rent. I have rang them on several occasions in the last week - at first they told me they would sort it out in a couple of days, but now do not reply to my calls.

I note that S8 is route to take but on forum RLA advice seems to be that this may not be successful. Would it be costly as well as I note that I would probably need a solicitor to do this? Would S21 be best and then would I have to get my money another way and hopefully be less pricey?

I am currently writing to them to say I am going to do inspection visit in 48 hours time as I now worry that they may have done a runner, and will also put in this letter my failed attempts to resolve rent issue.

thanks

16/04/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions