Property trashed while tenant under notice to leave

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Property trashed while tenant under notice to leave
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Scott_931
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi all

I served my tenant with a section 21 notice 2 weeks ago. The first six months of the tenancy has expired so I didn't need grounds. However, there were plenty. There has been police involvement due to anti-social behaviour from people the tenant has had living at or visiting the property. Two days ago the tenant moved out (or started moving out) without informing me she was leaving (she had told me she would stay until the notice had expired). Last night her associates wrecked the property and left. Because there was water coming from a window and there was electricity on and a gas fire had been kicked in I considered it an emergency and let myself in. Now, my question is (and I know I will have to consult a solicitor as soon as I can get hold of one), will I really still have to wait until the notice expires and and go to court to get a possession order before I can go in and change the locks, or are these exceptional circumstances?
Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Scott.

01/08/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband