How to go about evicting HMO tenants

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 How to go about evicting HMO tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello, I have two nuisance tenants who have, despite repeated warnings, continued to disturb the other tenants and neighbours. We have also recently had two incidents where both the environmental health and police have been involved as there have been repeated loud music and abusive behaviour and, most recently, criminal damage to a neighbour's property. I have reported the tenants to the police as they have a drink and/or drugs problem and it's when they're drunk/high that the problems occur.

One tenant is also in arrears with his rent.

The tenants are clearly in breach of their AST and I'd like to serve notice to them both today to move out.

Could you advise on which form to use (section 21 or section 8) and how I should best go about the eviction process. Lastly, should I alert the other tenants in case there is trouble at the house during the eviction process?

Thanks,
Cassie.

26/07/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband