unpaid rent and guarantor

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 unpaid rent and guarantor
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Sirs,

I have rented a property to a council tenant for 600pm on 9th January 2012. The tenant is on housing benefit and had said that she will 'top up' to make it to 600.After first 2 rent payments ,I have been having problems collecting the rent . The council has finally transfered rent payments to me but the maximum they will pay equates to 446 per month. The tenant cannot afford to pay the balance and is asking me to issue S8 notice otherwise she can't vacate and the council will not re-house her unless I force her to vacate. Before taking on the tenant I had obtained a guarantor for the tenant. Is it best to let this ride until the 1 year term of assured tenancy has expired and then issue both S8 and S21 notice so that I can claim outstanding rent from guarantor or should I press ahead with S8 now? Also can you recommend any solicitor? My property is in Wirral Merseyside. I don't know how easily I can let the property and will be stuck with council tax if I end up with a vacancy for too long. Any advice would be welcome.

15/06/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband