right of possession

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 right of possession
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
my tenant was 3 months rent in arrears on 26th jan so i posted a section 8 notice to her which expired on 17th feb.however during this period,the tenant appears to have vacated but left some possessions and therefore kept the keys.i have sporadic contact via mobile but no forwarding address so therefore unable to follow the due legal process to regain possession.there was an agreement for the tenant to meet at the property to hand the keys over but this failed to happen.the tenant has broken numerous clauses of the contract including leaving the property vacant for over 21 days.can i claim right of access in an emergency to check on the condition of the boiler,waterworks etc despite not being able to send written notice of such and if the property is indeed empty upon inspection conclude that the tenant has withdrawn from the contract and the property.
regards.
02/03/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions