inventory

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
5 Posts
0 Thanks
we have had a tenent that has been removed from the rpoperty we have gone through the section 8 possession route and we have had a court order for the tenant to vacate which they have not done so we have then contacted the baliffs who have now removed the tenant from the site. They have however when levaing taken a number of our items from the property and these items were actually the property of the landlord. I would say that by taking these they have coommitted a crime and the items have been stolen from the property, however when talking to the police and trying to log this with them they are claiming that the items can not be classed as stolen due to the technicallity of the gentleman being our tenant. Do you know of any legal way of getting the property back? I know we can now claim for the cost of replacing the items and place a CCJ against the client. But this means we have to have a address for them and I do not think that we will get any payment back from them for this as their arrears are high and this needs to be cleared first.
28/01/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions