TENANT WRECKED NEW FLOOR.

You are here : Member Forums Access TENANT WRECKED NEW FLOOR.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
409 Posts
2 Thanks
Just refurbished property after previous tenants wrecked it and got this middle aged lady living alone to rent it.
3 Months into the tenancy went to check the property walked through the door and looked at the laminate flooring and the tenant said Yes I had a senior moment and left the tap on overnight.
The floor is wrecked but she tells me she can live with it.I explained I cant leave it like this and we discussed that she is responsible for the floor. Then she says can she just put carpet over the laminate flooring and I told her no it has to come up.
I have explained that she needs to sort the floor before her 6month contract ends or i will have to ask her to leave. The tenant had appointment with workman today who was taking the floor up for her as it needs to be dried out but i have heard that she didnt answer door saying she was in bed and not well,
I have been trying to sort this since I found out which was july.
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME SENSIBLE SUGGESTIONS ON THE WAY FORWARD.THANKS.
17/08/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions