VALUABLE ITEMS LEFT AFTER TENANCY ENDS

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 VALUABLE ITEMS LEFT AFTER TENANCY ENDS
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Paul_813
30 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi,

I have had a lengthy battle to seek possession of my property through the Courts. I have now been given possession back after 8 months and changed the locks.

I called at my property last week to check the tenants had actually moved out on the Court date. They have left valuable items, ie flat screen TVs, leather sofas, clothes etc.

I am owed over 5,000 from the tenant and have gained a CCJ in my favour at Court, but the tenant has never paid me a penny.

My question is this:-

1. Can I take the possessions in the propety and sell them towards the debt owing?
2. Do I have to give the tenant the right to have the items back? If so, do I have to give a reasonable time for the tenant to collect the items?
3. If the items have to be given back to the tenant, can I put them outside the property and give notice for the tenant to collect these items within a certain reasonable timescale?
4. If the timescale is not adhered to, can I then sell the items and offset the monies I receive towards the debt owing?

Any help here would be massively appreciated!!

23/08/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband