Rent arrears

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Teah
25 Posts
0 Thanks
I am still having problems with my tenant, who is on housing benefit. He has a shorthold tenancy agreement for 1 year. and again the money promised by a certain date was only hot air. He is still 2 months in arrears. I have started repossession order, because he had been given plenty of opportunity to rectify this, but ignored it. He has been issued with a section 8 document. Today of all days,when I have started the repossession order he has offered me to accept small amount a month and the council will pay the rest into my account ( so he tells me). One problem, I just don't trust him and I actually feel that I should continue with the repossession order, otherwise come next month I could be in the same position again... no money. I do feel that if the case was taken to court, I could be adviced to accept small amount, which is not what I want. I want him out. Any advice please???
01/10/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions