THE POLICE

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
7 Posts
0 Thanks
I WAS RECENTLY ASKED TO EVICT TENANTS FROM A PROPERTY BY THE POLICE DUE TO FREQUENT COMPLAINTS OF ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR.I DID THIS AND WHEN I EVENTUALLY GOT INTO THE PROPERTY I FOUND A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF DAMAGE. I INFORMED THE POLICE AND ASKED FOR A CRIME NUMBER AS I INTEND TO CLAIM ON MY BUIDINGS POLICY UNDER THE MALICIOUS DAMAGE SECTION.THE POLICE SAID THAT WOULD BE NO PROBLEM AND THEY WOULD CALL IN TO SEE ME AND COULD THEY ALSO TAKE SOME PICTURES TO SEND TO LOCAL COUNCILS AND SOCIAL HOUSING SCHEMES TO GET THE TENANTS BLACK LISTED.WHEN THEY HAD TAKEN THE PICTURES THEY BEGAN TO LEAVE AND I ASKED FOR THE CRIME NUMBER.THE OFFICER WHO I HAD SPOKE WITH ON THE PHONE WALKED OF AND IGNORED ME AND HER PARTNER THEN INFORMED ME THAT I COULD NOT HAVE A CRIME NUMBER BECAUSE NO CRIME HAD BEEN COMMITED,HE SAID AS THE PEOPLE SUSPECTED OF TRASHING MY PROPERTY WERE TENANTS THEY HAD NOT COMMITED A CRIME.HE THEN INFORMED ME THAT I COULD NOT CLAIM ON MY INSURANCE IF HE DID NOT GIVE ME A CRIME NUMBER AND THE POLICY WOULD NOT COVER IT ANYWAY.I WAS NOT HAPPY AND TOLD HIM I DID NOT ACCEPT THIS. TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT HE EVENTUALLY CALLED ME LATER IN THE DAY AND SAID THEY WERE WILLING TO DO ME A FAVOUR AND GIVE ME THE NUMBER ONLY BECAUSE I HAD HELPED THEM BY EVICTING THE TENANTS WHO HAD BEEN CAUSING A LOT OF PROBLEMS IN THE AREA.
HAS ANY ONE GOT ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS SITUATION?
IS A TENANT ALLOWED TO DESTROY PROPERTY IF THEY HAVE A TENANCY AGREEMENT?
ARE YOU ONLY ENTITLED TO HELP FROM THE POLICE IF YOU CAN DO SOMETHING FOR THEM IN RETURN?
ARE INSURANCE CLAIMS DECIDED BY THE POLICE?
HAVE YOU HAD SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN TO YOU?

21/03/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband