Can I get rid of a tenant repeatedly in breach of contract

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Can I get rid of a tenant repeatedly in breach of contract
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Praia
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a flat with 3 tenants sharing. One tenant is repeatedly in breach of rent payments (now for the 5th time). Though the contract states the rent should be received by 1st of month, this is the 5th time that I have to continually chase to get money - in the end she only pays by cash after a lot of hassle. She has started running a business from the property (also in breach of contract) and last saturday had a whole group of women attending an event in the shared living room from 8am to 1pm, without any warning to the other 2 tenants, and using their shared bathroom on the floor adjoining the living room, including their toilet paper etc. ie a huge inconvenience to the co-sharers and no respect for their needs of quiet and privacy. The other tenants are now threatening to give their notice and they are the ones I want to keep. This tenant is constantly taking over common space with her own stuff, leaving kitchen dirty etc. I have managed to get money out of her but I feel she is untrustworthy, a complete liar regarding payments and false promises and once again, after warnings issued the same has happened again. She is abusing her position regarding the use of the property and other tenants. I need to get her out asap and do not wish to have to wait till August to refuse to renew her contract. Please can you give me your views of the best way to proceed.
08/04/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband