Join the Residential Landlords Association

non payment of rent

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 non payment of rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Sirs
My tenant move to my house when I was living in the house (05 Jan 2008) and I signed with him house share agreement for 6 months. Then he moved in with his girlfriend. They have independent bedsit with his own shower-WC and place to cook.
Since I have moved out but we have not signed a new tenancy agreement.
Now his girlfriend gave birth to a baby and they stopped paying the rent. Now he/they owes me rent for more then 13 weeks. Also I am confused what should I do with a baby ( I am worry about Health and Safety ) as my house is not ready for a small baby.
I am not experienced landlord and have not expertise in this field (so far all tenants paid),
and I do not know what is the procedure to recover my money back.
It does not look that my tenant is not prepare to pay at all. His attitude is: “now I have a baby so you can not move me out from the house so I am not paying”. As they are from Poland they think that they are above the law, but I do not think they have full UK resident’s rights.
Please help
Many Thanks
23/04/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
John Pye Auctions