Accelerated possession order( tenant from hell)

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Accelerated possession order( tenant from hell)
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
0 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello. I sent forms to court (accelerated procedure)and got a hearing dated 6 April 09. I thought this was odd as no hearing is nessary.
I arrived at court 10 mins late and was told it was over. Phoning next day I was told the judge had thrown it out as niether party had attended. I rang RLA helpline and was told that under the civil rule I should ask to be reconcidered. On the 8 April I called in the office of the court and was told it would be put before the judge to reconcider (the tenant had not challenged so why a hearing).
Phoning the court 4 days later I was told it had been granted, but the tenant was given 14 days from 9 April 09 and I would be sent the order.
The order was not recieved till 22 April 2 days before it came into force by myself and the tenant and was dated at the top 20 April 09 but at the bottom 9 April 09 day of judgment so tenant thought it was 14 days from the 20 April 09
As the tenant is a tenant from hell wrecking the property and I will have to get the baillifs (warrant for possession), is there any urgent way to speed up the process and get some compersation for the judges mistake. Many Thanks, Joe
24/04/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband