Police break in

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Police break in
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Towerviews
6 Posts
0 Thanks
I am an overseas landlord and recently I was notified that the Police had smashed in the front door to one of my properties in order to gain access as there were thousands of butcher flies in there and neighbours thought possibly also a body. It transpired that the tenant had left meat in a black sack and due to the bad weather had not returned to the property for approx. 3 weeks.
The police have now replaced the Victorian traditional wooden door with a white UPVC one. I have written to the tenant to say that she has to ensure that all surrounding plasterwork and door frames but be made good also as the property was brand new when she moved in 18 months ago.
She is now looking to move out but what happens if there is plaster repair work still to be done? I have her deposit held with DPS. The AST is only due to terminate on 28 Sep 2010 but she now wants to leave early. What if she just walks out, stops paying rent? How do I get her to sign a check out inventory then to agree to the condition of the property when she left? I also learnt she allowed a boyfriends puppy in the property which has destroyed a carpet. Again, if she just moves out without signing check out inventory, how do I prove this damage was her responsibility?

Rgds

Chris

02/04/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband