ISN'T IT TIME TO LOBBY FOR MORE RIGHTS FOR LANDLORDS?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 ISN'T IT TIME TO LOBBY FOR MORE RIGHTS FOR LANDLORDS?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mellors500
63 Posts
1 Thanks
I speak as a conscientious and experienced landlord of quite a number ofo properties all run in a professional way. We have had problem tenants and had to spend a lot of time and money going through the protracted court rigmarole, being awarded cash judgments but realistically being unable to recoup monies taking the view you can't get blood from a stone. We re-let and move on.
However, reading the forum and seeing more landlords being exploited by problem tenants who play the system and also seeing more bureaucracy coming through I think it is time for the RLA to be more proactive in protecting landlords' interests. How about inviting us all to suggest some regulations we need to protect ourselves against problem tenants and taking a lead rather than allowing the Government to push us around presuming we are all rich, money grabbing, non tax paying rogues.

Does the Government think the rogue landlords will register under the new licensing scheme? Do they think they protect their tenants' deposits? I know from experience there are still landlords out there collecting cash so these will all escape the net.
Come on let's stand up for ourselves!

17/05/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband