ending tenancy, claiming arrears

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 ending tenancy, claiming arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jay Marshall
11 Posts
0 Thanks
I recently contacted you about two tenants who had run up arrears of several hundred pounds. I served notice on them in April, giving 31-05-09 as the date when the tenancy would end. By then, their relationship appears to have ended & the man moved out. The woman kept promising to pay some, & even all, of the arrears but finally on 23-05-09 told me she did not have any of the arrears, now totalling just over 1000. She has advised me, by text, that she will be moving out by 31-05-09 but as yet has not given me a forwarding address. What information do you need to use your debt collection service and should I pursue both tenants: the man has already stated that, as he moved out in March, he doesn't owe me anything. My response was that they were already in arrears in March & that as he had not given me notice, his name was still on the tenancy agreement, which didn't end until 31-05-09.
28/05/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions