tenancy agreements WHICH BITS CAN WE RELY ON

You are here : Member Forums Access tenancy agreements WHICH BITS CAN WE RELY ON
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
409 Posts
2 Thanks
Its hard work being a landlord as well you all know.What really gets to me is how little us landlords have on our side to work with.I pride myself as being a fair landlord and I treat my tenants with respect. I treat them as I would want to be treated myself.
So now I have a tenant leaving my property who is making it so difficult for me to get times and dates in order to take viewings that I have to call it off as when arrangement is made the tenant goes out and then texts me to say she had to out was an emergency.I stand there with my viewer feeling really silly. So now I stop viewings until tenant has left property and I feel that because the contract which is RLA contract states that I can give notice to enter property etc and that the last month I can ask for access in order to take viewings etc that I can rely on this. I thought that tenants read contract and we all adhered to this.Now when I ask RLA if because access is made difficult what chance do I have to sue for my loss of rental in not having the property tenanted I am told that I have a 50 per cent chance of sueing. So what on earth is the contract about.Which bits are legal I ask.
17/01/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband