Disposal of Furniture

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Disposal of Furniture
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
helen elizabeth
12 Posts
0 Thanks
A new tenant moved into my property on 7th January 2009 with a six months lease. He paid four weeks rent in advance rather than a deposit.

He is now another four weeks behind with his rent and has requested that he gives up the lease and moves out immediately. I have agreed to cancelling the lease and he has left. Unfortunately he has left behind some quite large pieces of furniture, kitchen utensils,coins etc. I arranged to meet him last week in order that he could take at least some of his property, but he did not turn up and he is not answering the phone to me. I quite accept that I am not going to receive the rent that is owing but I cannot get the cottage cleaned, redecorated and relet until his property has been removed.

I do not have the space to store his belongings. What is the situation with regard to my disposing of these items ? I am very willing to be reasonable but feel he is taking the mickey.

20/06/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband