procedure to regain posession of property ?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 procedure to regain posession of property ?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Please advise suggested action to allow me to regain posession of my property - the 6-month S.T tenancy ended in March and then continued as a periodic tenancy, however the rent payments for the following 2 months were only received (in each case 2-4 weeks late) after repeated reminders etc. The rent is now (23 June) over 2 months overdue, in spite 2 reminder letters, 1 text message and one message left via a 3rd. party, spaced out over the last 2 months. No reply has been received from any of these contacts, and 2 external inspections of the property show curtains closed and no sign of anyone.
Can I legally enter the premises by giving 24 hrs notice (eg by registered letter) in order to check for signs of occupation/ gas safety etc ?) Also, I assume I can now apply for a court order to re-posess ? If so, can I request this by contacting the County Court or do I need to go through the expense of using a solicitor ?
Thanks in advance for any advice,
Yours sincerely,
Peter deane
23/06/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions