tenant abandoned flat, confirmation of end of tenancy?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 tenant abandoned flat, confirmation of end of tenancy?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I have a tenant who stopped paying rent. He appears to have abandoned the flat. He wont take my calls, but i have asked him by text if he has moved out, and if he wishes to end the tenancy now, and he replied "yes". I have asked him to return keys, but had no reply.
Is the text confirmation enough to consider the tenancy has ended? Thanks. Chris.

background notes:
rent was due July 1, tenant did not pay. I called and texted tenant several times, no reply. I visited flat. From outside, through windows, it appears to be empty. No possessions, no furniture. I texted tenant and asked if he had moved out, he texted: "in police station, going into safe house. Not supposed to talk to anyone." this may or may not be true, but i think not. I then asked "ok. Do you want to end tenancy? Have you moved out?" He replied "Yes". I then asked for keys, but had no reply.

07/07/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband