Drunk n disorderly! Grounds for eviction?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Drunk n disorderly! Grounds for eviction?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rosy from Tatty
26 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi Can anyone advise me on a tenant and his brother he is a self confessed alcoholic, Polish and pees regularly in the front hall of my property, he also vomited once recently too, all down the wall inside the front door.
I now find he and his brother regularly vomit and don't clean up after themselves in the bathroom. They smoke in the bathroom and throw ends into the bath and loo. They don't carry their rubbish outside to the large wheelie bin outside the front door, rather leave it on the balcony outside kitchen. Beer cans are thrown out onto garden.
They are also beginning to be erratic regarding rent. They say it is my fault as I am never to be found. they have lost their rent book.
I'd like to get them out quickly and easily asap!! (Of course!)
Can I ask them to look for somewhere else so I can refurb the property? This is something some local landlords have done successfully. I live next door and my home is also an HMO but I can evict bad tenants as it is my home, I have thought of 'moving' next door. What do you think?
09/07/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband