Tenant wont leave the property

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant wont leave the property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
Kat_441
6 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenant was signed up on a 6 month Assures shorthold tenancy over two years ago, the contract was never renewed. IT has been just over two years and after many late/missed payments I issued a section 21 notice. On the last day of notice period the tenant said that they are not leaving or paying any rent unless minor repairs (i.e. draught from front door, damp cellar)
I immediately applied for a court order for repossession, I regrettably also applied for claiming rent arrears on the same application (N5) which bypassed the fast tract eviction process and now have to go to court a month later!
The tenant is still there and refusing to leave!
I know this is a bit vague but I have not gone through this process before and have not yet resorted to a solicitor.

1. What can I expect during the hearing and how can I be best prepared for the court date?
2. Can they allow her to stay and make me carry out repairs, if so what if she also continues to not pay rent?
3. At this stage I would be happy just to get my property back quickly anyway I can (legally)regardless of rent arrears. Is it true that the deposit with DPS cannot be used towards arrears?

Thanks for any advice.

13/01/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions