housing benefit has stopped

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 housing benefit has stopped
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
rla member_667_940
52 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,
I have given the section 21 notice, which expired on 19/04/09. My insurance company is sorting out the legal side, but are taking forever. The housing benefit has stopped being paid on the house even tho its is a month in arrears, and should not stop due to it as well as the fact they look like they are still in the house. I have been online to look at the rent account with the london borough of lewisham, and instead of 3 tenants, it now says there are 2. I have contacted HB about this, and all they can tell me is due to the data protection act they can't inform me of anything. I told them that i'm the landlady, and at no point have i recieved a letter etc to say the tenants have left. They just say, there is nothing they can tell me. What do i do now? Can i just change the locks as all 3 tenants are not of the same family and share a kitchen and bathroom? is it enough info that the LBL statement says one has gone? or do i have to go to court?
08/05/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband