property not vacated at the end of a tenant-served notice to leave

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 property not vacated at the end of a tenant-served notice to leave
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Please could you advise what process to follow in the following situaiton:

I served my tenant (who is out of the fixed tenancy period, the tenancy now running on a monthly contractual basis) a S21 notice to leave, giving her slightly more than the 2 months notice required. My tenant then served me with 1 month counter-notice to leave, which I acccepted.

If she doesn't leave at the end of the period of her served notice(which is at the end of a periodic monthly rental period), what are my rights and what steps can I take to repossess the property?

Aso, if on checkout date I find that she has vacated the property but is not there to handover the keys as arranged and has not left the keys, what position does this put me in?

For information (it may or may not be relevent?), in serving counter-notice, my tenant advised me she sent me a letter (as per ASTA requirement for serving notice) however this has never been recieved. She did also email me a copy of the letter she claimed to have sent and although technically speaking she has not served notice correctly, I accepted and am happy to accept the notice.

Many thanks
Helen

22/03/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband