having a nightmare

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 having a nightmare
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
i have a house which i converted into 2 flats and was renting them out fine until i got a phonecall from the downstairs tennant saying that the upstairs one was moving his furniture out. i left it untill the tenannt had missed a rental payment and then tried to phone him his phone was then dissconected. i also made several attempts to contact him at his flat but to no avail after one day of very heavy rainfall i gained entry into the flat. only to see that everything was gone from the flat furniture clothes plates cutlery everything i the contacted the water and electric companys and they told me the tennant had moved 2 weeks earlier and had given a forwarding address. not wanting to lose money i had another tennant lined up i moved him in and changed the lock to the door. only 3 days later i get a phonecall from the previous tennant asking why i had changed the locks i told him that he had moved out to which he said he hadnt he then said one of his family had died and that he was getting there furniture when i asked him why i couldnt contact him by phone he said his phone had broke and then when i asked about the utilities he didnt give me an answer he is now thretening to sue me HELP NEEDED
04/08/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions