Suing for rent arrears

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Suing for rent arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
JackP
92 Posts
3 Thanks
I have 2 tenants who are yet again late with their rent payments. They have paid me until the end of July but are 3 weeks late with the rent for August (29 Jul to 29 Aug advance).

I have tried to contact them by phone for over a week now but to no avail and have written to their Guarantors to help resolve the matter.

I have already issued them with an S21 which gives them until end of Sept to move out. However I wondered if it was worthwhile trying to sue them and their Guarantors on moneyclaim.gov.uk for any unpaid rent in the meantime or do I have to wait until they are a certain no of weeks in arrears ? Also if I sue the tenants plus the 2 Guarantors at the same time, do I have to submit 3 separate claims (1 for the 2 tenants plus one each for each respective Guarantor)or would 1 claim do ?

19/08/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions