Court action/deposit

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Court action/deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
JackP
89 Posts
3 Thanks
I have 2 tenants whom I have already served a S21 notice due to expire at the end of Sep. They also haven't paid me the rent for this month (due 29th July) hence are nearly one month late.

On hand delivering a letter to them advising that I would give them one week to pay or take them to court, I actually met them outside the house.

They mentioned they would pay the rent next week, but also mentioned they would use the deposit to pay the last months rent. However after I told them they never paid a deposit on or after moving in they asserted the opposite.

The tenancy agreement which we all signed clearly shows a blank in the box on page 2 where the deposit amount is to be filled in. However I am concerned they are going to push their word against mine at court and they said they were going to counter-sue me for this.

Is the tenancy agreement robust enough to protect myself or do I need to be aware of anything else to prove my case ?

24/08/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband