eviction process

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 eviction process
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear RLA, I would like some advise as to my course of action for a tenant of mine who i need to take the next course of action with. The tenant has been in the property since 21st January 2009 and we have a 6 month tenancy agreement in place.

He does not have a bank account and has been paying us in small amounts each month by cheque. His rental per month should be 580. Since January, his rent is now in arrears of 2,020.

As his rent is in arrears of more than 2 months and I have sent him various letters asking for our payments and letting him know that I will have repossess our property, I have still had nothing. Therefore please can you advise my next course of action. I have been advised by a colleague that it might be a good idea to carry out both Section 8 and 21 (a or b?) at the same time to see which one happens first? My colleague has used your solicitor, Dave Absolum (sorry if incorrect spelling) - as I haven't done this before, please can you advise what I should do.
Many thanks,
Emma Charnock
tel: 07974 427603

27/05/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband