Tenant provided false details on application now in arrears

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant provided false details on application now in arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Michael O'C
28 Posts
0 Thanks
I have moved a tenant into a property on a 12 month AST which is half way through. The tenant has fallen into arrears and to compound matters I have since found out the tenant left a previous address oweing the landlord there thousands of pounds in unpaid rent.
The tenant, at the moment is drip paying bits and pieces and is not over 2 months in arrears.
I have since established that he is a professional conman when it comes to the letting proceedure and i have no doubt he will keep the rent owed under 2 months to prevent service of a Section 8 notice.
One thing I have unearthed is that he has provided me with false details on his written application in that the landlord he has put down on the application is ficticious and was probably a friend and was therefore not the real landlord of the property. I know this to be true although I haven't taken this any further as yet
What I'd like to know is whether i can get him out if I explore this avenue of him providing false information on his application?
What avenues would be open to eviction on these grounds?
Any advice would be most welcome

Thank you

Michael O'Connor

30/10/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband