Other landlords tenants noise

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Other landlords tenants noise
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
RLA MEMBER_499
54 Posts
5 Thanks
We have owned & rented out a back terraced house for many years without any problems from the neighbours. Some "youths" moved into the terrace in front via a local letting agent and since then our last 2 lots of tenants have moved out because of the loud music at all times of day and night and into the early hours of the morning.

I have written to the letting agent and they sent a letter saying they were in breach of TA etc. I also rang the Council who went round to speak to them

I had a viewing this week but the music was so loud from the front terrace that you could hear every word of the songs and the "boom boom" noise. The girl said she loved the house but could not possibly take it because of the noise. I then went round and told them to turn it down - I was very cross admittedly but did not expect the verbal abuse I got from one of them.

The agent has said they will write again and threaten eviction if noise continues but in the meantime I am losing rent and there does not seem to be any point in marketing our house until they have gone.

Has anyone got any ideas???? Is there any way I could get the "lost" rent back and if so from who.

30/04/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband