My student tenants are driving their neighbour to distraction!!!

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 My student tenants are driving their neighbour to distraction!!!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Student landlord
37 Posts
1 Thanks
I have a new bunch of tenants and we are in to the 2nd month of their lease. They are students and - according to the neighbour who has contacted me - they are very noisy, slamming doors at all hours, one girl arriving home literally blind drunk and screaming in the early hours (the tenants actually came round next day to apologise for that one!),music, loads of friends etc etc. It's a terraced house.The neighbours have been there for years and don't have a history of complaining - infact they have always said to me what a great bunch of tenants there has been, each year for several years. The neighbour was driven to such distraction that he got arrested for 'assaulting' one of them last night. Obviously he lost his rag - although no excuse for that behaviour. However, what are my legal obligations in respect of the noise and the tenants behaviour. Any advice also from a practical point of view as to how I should handle this.
16/10/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband