tenant disappeared, house at risk

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 tenant disappeared, house at risk
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
jaz
5 Posts
0 Thanks
i have been having constant problems with tenant who now owes me 2,000 in rent arears.
i issued her with s21 notice about 2 months ago to say that her tenancy would not be renewed on 23 May. when i handed her notice she apologised saying she was having personal problems & said she would leave before then so i could re-let house.

i have had no contact from her at all.

i have been advised by a friend who lives a few doors away that she has moved out & he had to chase a gang of lads out of the garden at weekend.

what can i do?

im assuming i have no right to enter property etc but this means it could be open to vandalism etc for another 2 months! also my insurance will not cover me as property is vacant.

i have been told that she has moved in with her family. do i have the right to go there & ask her to give keys back etc.

26/04/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions