Notice by text message

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Notice by text message
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello, can you advise me on the following issue. My tenant has text me saying she is leaving, owing 650, which is made up from 175 in previous arrears and 1 months rent which is due through the notice period. She has stated on the text message that she is moving in with her Aunty, she has stated i can keep the deposit and the white goods that she cannot take with her, the flat is empty with the exception of 1 chair and some cutlery in the kitchen, the court yard has other items i would consider rubbish. I have called and texted many times since the 22/07/2012 asking for notice in writing and return of the keys, I have had no contact from her since the date of the text on the 22/07/2012. I need to re-advertise the property and remove items that she has left. Is the text message allowed to be accepted as notice of termination of the tenancy? does this mean i can legally rent the property from the 22/08/2012. I have no forwarding address and the local authority who paid her housing benefit will not give any information. All i want to do is change the locks and re tenant the flat, i am aware chasing and taking the tenant to court will cost with no likely hood of regaining the arrears. Please advise ASAP this is urgent, I have phones and left a message.

Regards Clive Kingshott

31/07/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband