Section 21 and Housing Disrepair protocol

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 21 and Housing Disrepair protocol
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
5 Posts
0 Thanks
We have a tenant who is more than 2 months in rent arrears. we have issued a section 21 notice, which expires on 07 April 2012.

This tenant has been warned that he must have vacated the property by this dated and should he not have gone we will apply to court for an eviction order as well as a money order.

He has been very rude and awful on the phone to us.

I carried out an inspection of the property 10 days ago, he has a dog in there which he is not supoosed to have and he pointed out a few minor problems like a leak on the sink and a broken window handle, which i have sent our maint man to fix. He did say there was damp in the bathroom but i could see no evidence of it.

We have now had a letter from a solicitor to say that they are representing him and that they are going down the Housing Disrepair Protocol route and they list problems that we have never been made aware of like a drought round the door and they say the floor is sinking ??? and that there is damp in the bathroom and that we are in breach of contract.

He is in breach as he has a dog and he is more than 2 months in arreras and when we ask him for rent he tells us in not so nice terms what to do.

What can we do ?? can we still apply to the court for an eviction on the 07 April ???? as he is never going to pay us any money and he is not the type of tenant we want.

06/03/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband