Problem tenant and eviction

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Problem tenant and eviction
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
David.
119 Posts
2 Thanks
Hi I have a bit of s strange situation.

I have just signed up a tenant on an AST but she has not yet moved in to the property and I have not given her keys yet as we agreed that she will be given the keys once she has the full deposit and first months rent which will be in 2 weeks time. I did this as she has lived in one of my houses in the past and not previously caused any trouble or had rent arrears.

Today I received a phone call from the person who lives next door to my property. The woman tells me that she owns a pub in the area and it has been made known to her that this girl is shortly going to be moving in next door. The woman tells me that the girl has a long history of anti social behavoir and is know all around the area for causing problems, getting drunk and wild etc.. she seems genuine and has said she that a number of neighbours are extremely concerned and will all be writing a petition to me asking for me not to let her move in.

After hearing this I am also very concerned and do not want to take her on now as a tenant despite not having problems with her last time.

My question is, is it to late?? now that she has signed an AST? even though she has not been given a key. What would you advise and is there anyway out of this situation?

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,

David.

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
19/09/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband