withdrawing a court order

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 withdrawing a court order
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Pinky
14 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

Having received a court date for later this month to gain possession of my property my non paying tenant has finally seen the light.
The tenant has now paid up to date and has requested that the local authority pay her housing benefit directly to me. However having received a letter from the Citizens Advice Bureau, who have been authorised to act on her behalf, they are asking whether considering the current circumstances I would be prepared to withdraw my application to seek possession.

If I do withdraw my application what implications does this have for me? Is the housing benefit paid to me directly until the tenancy ends or can my tenant alter the arrangement and have this direct payment stopped?

I am concerned that if I cancel the court order and then she is able to stop the direct payment the arrears will mount up again and Iíll be back to square one.

Many thanks for your help.

02/08/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband