Urgent Advice

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Alan_458
8 Posts
3 Thanks
Hello,
I have a tenant who was claiming housing benefit and pocketing it for over a year. Each time I asked him about the rent he said that the council was dealing with his case and required certain documents from him. Whenever I called the council office I was told that they could not discuss his case with me but told me that he had a file there. One day I found that his rent was being paid to him without him paying it to me. I went to the council office and explained the story. Then, I was told that they would not pay me the rent without his consent. Eventually, I got his consent and for a few months the rents were paid to my account. Now the council has stopped payment again. He is now about 1 year rent in areas and has changed the lock. He does not answer his phones and letters. Letter and bills are piled up in his letterbox. Could you please advise what would be the best way to approach this problem noting that he has changed the lock. Many neighbours also have approached me and said that he owes them money too.

Kind Regards,

20/02/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband