URGENT: Can I cancel the contract with the tenant before he moves in?
My friend acting as my agent has signed a contract (AST agreement) with a tenant to let my flat, however without taking neither deposit or 1st month rent. The keys have not been given to the tenant
though, so they didnt move in.
(There was a kind of misunderstaning between my agent-friend and me but now Id like to sort it out somehow)
Im having serious second thoughts about this tenant (they have turned up late for the previous appointment and didnt bring the money, each time we talk have new demands about the flat that I cannot fulfil, etc). The tenant is promising to bring the money the next day, but Im not sure if I want to proceed as my patience.
- Id like to know if I can legally cancel the contract that has been signed.
- AST starts on 1 May (its 3 May now)
- No money have been taken, no keys given
- Im using a AST from RLA in which it is stated
- "The rent must be paid in advance."
- "You have to pay a deposit of xxx" (it doesnt say when though)
I need to find out very quickly, could I have a solid advice asap please?
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.