Court Hearing

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
AlRead
6 Posts
0 Thanks

I have a tenant on a AST, and after the fixed 6 months period I issued a Section 21 notice to my tenant in July giving the two months' notice. This expired on September 20th. All seemed to be in order except that owing to my inexperience the dates I gave did not match the tenancy agreement. The tenant defended the case on this point alone. There is now a Court Hearing.

The questions I have are:
Will the judge automatically reject my application for possession on this point or will I have a chance to justify other aspects of my application?
Who is allowed to attend the court hearing - just myself, myself and a legal representative or anyone? Who is allowed to speak at the hearing?

The tenant is on Housing Benefit but is considerably behind with rent. I have applied for, and been granted, direct payment of benefit to me as she is over 8 weeks behind with rent. Can this add weight to my application for immediate possession at the hearing?

Your experience in procedures at a Court Hearing I am sure would be helpful.

18/11/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband