Gaining Possession

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Gaining Possession
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Steve_588
3 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenant was falling behind with his rent, so I phoned him the other week but his girlfriend answered, who also lives at the property, but is not a joint tenant. She told me that he had left her and their baby and that she was going to make a housing benefit claim in her name to stay at the property. She seemed upset and I said I'd contact her again the next day to discuss further. However, she has since ignored my phone calls, text message and letter (addressed to her and the tenant) threatening eviction. Today, I tried phoning from a different number and she answered but hung up as soon as she realised it was me. I'm surprised at her attitude because we have always had a good relationship.

The rent is now 2 months in arrears and I think I need to take steps to gain possession.

My first thought was to serve a Section 8, but since the tenant has probably left the property I wondered whether I should take a different course of action.

20/07/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband