Removing Tenant

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Removing Tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
11 Posts
0 Thanks
Good morning,

My Tenant moved in Feb 11 and i wrote on lease deposit not to be returned unless stay for 2 years. It clearly says deposit in the deposit box and on signature page.

In a stupid error, the deposit was not protected in a Government scheme, which is very unlike me as i always ask for rent in advance and cross the deposit part from the contract. The tenant is fully aware of how scheme works.

The tenant has not paid rent since June 2012 and now letting agent getting direct payment from council. Tenant is 3k in arrears and council putting me under pressure to do major repairs in house as tenant has done lot of damage: smashed back door down and council saying my fault and responsibility to repair.

I have been told that a section 21 isn't valid due to the deposit not being in a scheme and so i am at a loss of how to remove the tenant legally from my property.

I understand I may have to pay a fine for the deposit issue, but surely the fact they owe me an amount and including the damage i have a right against them?

If you could advise the best way forward i would appreciate it

Regards

13/09/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband