What is Landlords Responsibility regarding Anti Social Behaviour?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 What is Landlords Responsibility regarding Anti Social Behaviour?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Z
ZTA
2,719 Posts
393 Thanks
I have a tenant who is fighting allot mainly in the house but it sometimes spills over to the street and the neighbours have been complaining. His friends are also visiting the house and making noise and disturbances in and out the house even late at night.

The council have tried speaking to the tenants but it appears that there are ongoing domestic issues etc.
The police have been called many times over the past few months!

I have tried sorting this out but it does not seem to be working.
I do not really want such tenants and the problems they bring but it appears that I will have to go to court if I want them out.

I believe that the burden of proof that will be required and the time it will take would make a s8 the least preferred option and so I intend to go down the s21 route.

The s21 will take 2+ months and then applying to the courts also takes time.
The tenants do not seem to concerned with my complaints or the councils!

In the meantime, what are my responsibilities regarding Anti Social Behaviour issues?
> 1. I have written to the tenants. Is there anything else I must do?
> 2. Is there anything else that I can do besides what I must do?

Many thanks.
ZTA

03/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband