Missing tenancy agreement

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Missing tenancy agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
PattiCeleste
4 Posts
0 Thanks
My ex-partner and I have agreed that one of the flats that we jointly own should go to him after our separation. A year later he still hasn't done the transfer of equity and it turns out the lender will not agree to the transfer to him because we cannot produce a tenancy agreement. During a difficult time during our separation I think I have lost the tenancy agreement in question.

Over the last few months it also turns out that the tenant has stopped paying rent. He has mental health issues and I suspect his benefit may have been stopped. My partner was supposed to me managing the flat but obviously wasn't. He has been trying to meet the tenant to get him to sign a new tenancy agreement but whenever he goes there the tenant is never in.

My ex-partner has written to the tenant offering to be lenient about the arrears and asking in a friendly way just to meet him to get a new tenancy agreement signed. But still he has not managed to make contact.

I just want my name removing from this property. But as I am still legally jointly responsible I want to get this situation resolved asap. We have given the tenant a chance but now we just want him to leave and to re-let the property. Please could you advise what we can do?

06/12/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband