problem tenant - Mr DIY

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 problem tenant - Mr DIY
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello

I really need some professional advice. I have a problem tenant, he is always recommending that he wants to do diy work on my property, and i have refused as nothing has been broken and needed fixing, the property is in good repair, i have video inventory taken in advance of the tenancy as proof. However this guy seems to be a ver persistent in his attempts.

To cut a long story short he has indicated the integrated electric hob keeps switching itself on and the extractor hood is blowing the fuse box, i have since learned from the property manager that the tenant changed the cooker electric feed without permission. I suspect this is what is causing the problem. I've sent message to the tenant i wont fund the repair and that he must not attempt any DIY or works on the property. However i am worried, about this guy, and the potential for electrical fire and damage if he continues to be so maverick and uncooperative.

I'd value your advice. I am tempted to serve notice to eradicate the headache once and for all.

Many thanks

Amanda

10/02/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions