Re: Paragon Mortgages Ltd Transfer Of Equity & Not Granting Consent

You are here : Member Forums Property Investment Re: Paragon Mortgages Ltd Transfer Of Equity & Not Granting Consent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jim_465
40 Posts
1 Thanks
Re: Paragon Mortgages Ltd Transfer Of Equity & Not Granting Consent

Hello everyone,

My brother and I have a buy to let mortgage with Paragon Mortgages which was taken out in 2003 and now I wish to sell my half share to my brother and for him to keep the existing mortgage. The loan to value levels are well within 70% LTV and the repayment criteria for the mortgage is easily covered. There are no problems with current payments and neither of us has any credit problems.

Paragon Mortgages did exactly the same transfer for us about 4 years ago on two different properties but they have no told me that they have stopped doing this. They are quite happy to close the whole loan down and offer a new loan based on their new more unfavourable interest rates but obviously this is just short of about a 300% increase in their profit margin and this is of no benefit to my brother.

My question to the forum is can they do this? i.e. not allow me to sell my half share without redeeming the mortgage completely.

28/03/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions