New build HMO's and community development in regeneration city zones

You are here : Member Forums Property Investment New build HMO's and community development in regeneration city zones
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
PJB Rentals
152 Posts
0 Thanks
I am looking for ideas and experience for the future strategic development housing plans in one of the regeneration manufacturing districts and would welcome feedback about other similar projects nationwide.

Best practice wants affordable homes, sustainable integrated communities and I feel strongly that we must also foster and encourage facilities for economic regeneration to sustain areas where homes are built on the many former industrial sites that used to offer jobs too.

Much of this housing need is provided by Housing Associations at present, I am looking for ways to include opportunities for individual, private landlords and also want to incorporate some community-based economic activity/ infrastructure.

Many HMO's today are in old converted Victorian or older properties. Has anyone built new property especially for the single, affordable part of the market, or student populations? What was successful, or not successful?

17/11/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband