fire alarms electric and gas meters

You are here : Member Forums Property Investment fire alarms electric and gas meters
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
AndyM
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I am thinking ( offered made ) of purchasing a very nice property formally a house now arranged as two flats. The flats are jointly owned by Mother and Daughter who have access to each other via an open stair case. It is relatively easy to esure privacy by constructing a door way and wall essentially sealing in the stair case. I would let out the flats to private tennants.

My Q's however are:-

would the property need a fire alarm either one for the building or one per flat.

Each flat has separate boilers ( Gas fired ) but one bill - how do I get meters installed for each flat ( is it simply installation or would the equipment and pipe work have to be changed )

I am presuming the same for electricity ( they have only one bill ) so electricity meters for each flat would be needed and would this involve cabling ??

Please advise so that I can press ahead - or pull out of the sale

Thank you

20/07/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband