New boy..starting from scratch

You are here : Member Forums Property Investment New boy..starting from scratch
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Chris M_376
16 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello world,
I am new here and no doubt will have lots to ask as I start the learning curve.. heres a little background..

I have recently inherited some money and property. My home area is S.E.London/N.W.Kent.
The property I came into is a shop with studio flat above which has established tenants and pretty much ticks along on its own fetching in 800 a month ( split between myself and brother )

I have 150k to spend on a flat, probably in Erith or abbey wood.
What I had in mind was to get a decent modern one or two bed flat which can be let for a few years and later be available when my daughter reaches an age where she wants to join the property ladder.

A few people have already told me I should use the money to put a deposit on two or three flats and let the tenants pay off the mortgage. I know it sounds sensible, but I am nearly 60 and dont fancy the hassle. Am I wrong??

Are there any members out there in my part of the world who would not mind me picking their brains. I have been checking local prices and Erith seems cheaper than Abbey wood and I think recent moderniation could make Erith more attractive in the future...again, any opinions and comments are most welcome.

I will be back !!!

Chris M

13/09/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband