Services taken at end of tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Access Services taken at end of tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Richy_565
20 Posts
3 Thanks
Can you please tell me if my tenant can take a Virgin Package ie: Television/Telephone/Broadband with him to his new address at the end of his tenancy, including I assume my telephone number; which is what he is proposing to do. I beleive that when he originally signed a tenancy agreement over 3 years ago with an agent; we had at that time seperate providers and a sky box and dish. I have managed without an agent over the last 18 months but with a new tenancy agreement which started in June 2009. However, I am not sure when my tenant cancelled the original providers and entered into the contract with Virgin. He didn't ask for my permission to do this. Can I insist that he leaves everything as it is and gets a new provider at his next address or will I be forced to pay for and set up a new provider for my new tenants to use? Would it be unreasonable to expect the new tenants to pay for and have these services put on themselves? Is this something I should be providing as a landlord?

I might add that there is nothing in the AST that refers to this apart from section B5 that refers to damaged fittings and installations

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
04/01/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband