purchase of freehold

You are here : Member Forums Property Investment purchase of freehold
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I currently own 2 flats within a pupose built block of 8. there is approx 66years left on the lease. the freeholder is wanting to retire and sell the leasehold. there is a clause within the lease that states the properties are not to be rented out but this has not been picked up by solicitors or mortgage lenders. I am not the only owner who is renting them out. He is offering us several options, one is to buy a share of the freehold at approx 3800 per lease/flat or create new,less restrictive leases. However he has also offered to sell the freehold of the whole block to myself for 25000. Is there any way I can find out if the asking price is fair and also would it generally be considered a good investment for me to take on alone as opposed to just buying a share x 2 flats. I would like to acquire all 8 flats at some time in the future, as and when they become available.
any advice would be welcome
16/06/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband